Member2nd November 2017 at 12:18 pm
UK Choir Festival – St Albans
21st and 22nd October Feedback
Ben Sawyer (Saturday)
- Superb diction and bright warm tone
- Pitching dropped a little
- Diction crisp and clear, good sense of ownership of the song and its meaning
- Couple of pitching issues
- Men’s voices not always blended
Greg Beardsell (Saturday)
- Accurate articulation, good dynamic contrast
- Rich harmonic texture
- Lift corners and mouths and brighten eyes. It needs to look fun.
- Good corporate sound. Accurate and confident.
- Good connection with the song
Karen Gibson (Saturday)
- Great start beautifully pitched and blended.
- Choir could work on articulation which would help blend and pitch
- Love the contemporary feel. Very good attempt.
- Altos slightly pitchy, entrances a little timid.
David Lowe (Sunday)
- Very attentive to conductor. Committed.
- Watch establishing pitch at outset. Try not to ‘hit and hold’ long notes.
- Clear message
- Excellent awkward rhythms, let the rhythm relax a little
- Work on a resonant ‘oo’ vowel for accompaniment
Ula Weber (Sunday)
- Lovely Soprano unison opening
- Strong harmony singing
- Tight rhythms and good clear endings
- Sops don’t push in the high sections
- Men listen carefully to sops to come in in tune
- Beautifully sung with feeling
- Great diction
- Nice use of unison to harmony
- You clearly love singing together
Mark De-Lisser (Sunday)
- Nice balanced sound harmonically
- Good volume from the outnumbered men
- Where is the story in the faces?
- “Ring” was very shrill from the sops.
- Lovely safe sound that could do with more body and a greater sense of physicality
Pete Churchill (Sunday)
- Unison sound is great
- Good choice of song
- Good sense of drama and shape
- Work on pitching, explore song line by line and identify points where things sleep
- In serious danger of sounding very good.
- Lovely opening, diction good
- Good sense of storytelling
- These songs aren’t easy to pull off and you do a great job
- Lovely vibe, great material.
- Committed singing, worth the extra work